(3 Tbsp) Paprika
(2 Tbsp) Brown sugar - packed
(2 tsp) Onion powder
(2 tsp) Garlic powder
(1/4 tsp) Cayenne pepper
(2 tsp) Salt
(1 Tbsp) Pepper
(2 racks) Pork Spare Ribs
(1/2 cup) Ketchup
(6 Tbsp) Molasses
(2 Tbsp) Dijon mustard
(1 Tbsp) Cider vinegar
(1/2 tsp) Liquid smoke
- Combine paprika, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon pepper in bowl.
- Remove ribs from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Cut rib racks in half to better fit in slow cooker.
- Rub ribs with spice mixture.
- Arrange ribs upright in slow cooker, with thick ends pointing down and meaty sides against the wall of the slow cooker. Ribs may overlap slightly.
- Cover and cook until ribs are just tender, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Adjust oven rack 4 inches from broiler element and heat broiler.
- Set wire rack in aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and coat with vegetable spray.
- Transfer ribs, meaty side up, to prepared rack. Let sit until rib surface is dry, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk ketchup, molasses, mustard, cider vinegar and liquid smoke together in bowl.
- Brush ribs with half of sauce.
- Broil ribs until sauce is bubbling and beginning to char, about 5 minutes. Brush ribs with remaining sauce, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut ribs in between bones to separate.