Reserve Your Fresh, Pastured Thanksgiving Turkey!
- Thaw out Tri-tip and pat dry.
- Liberally season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- This recipe requires direct and indirect cooking. If cooking on a grill direct cooking is right over the heat. Indirect cooking is off of direct heat but still under a closed lid. If cooking indoors, direct cooking is on a heavy skillet like a cast iron skillet. Finishing or indirect cooking would happen in a preheated oven.
- Pre-heat grill or cast iron skillet and oven (skillet should me at medium high to high and oven preheated to 350F.
- Place Tri-tip over the direct heat fat cap side facing down, cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- .Flip Tri-tip and cook for another 3 minutes over direct heat.
- Then move to cool side of grill or put in oven to finish roast under indirect heat.
- Cook until meat is at desired temperature(Medium rare is to 120 at thick part of roast).
- Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes under tent of foil.
- Slice thinly against the grain.