Wine Braised Spareribs with Garlic and Rosemary
August 31, 2022 • 0 comments
A simple, straightforward recipe for oven-roasted pork ribs. It's a lighter, more elegant approach than the smoky, saucy, barbecue ribs that is easier and faster too!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (1/2 Cup) Rosemary leaves - fresh and chopped coarse
- (1/3 Cup) Exra virgin olive oil
- (10 - smashed and peeled) Garlic Cloves
- (1 Tbsp) Salt
- (1 Tbsp) Fennel Seeds
- (1 Tsp) Red Pepper Flakes
- (1 tsp) Black Pepper
- (2 racks) Pork Spare Ribs
- (1 Cup) Dry White Wine
- Combine rosemary, oil, garlic, salt, fennel seeds, pepper flakes and pepper in a food processor. Pulse mixture until finely chopped, 15 to 20 pulses, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Rub ribs evenly with paste and place meat side down in rimmed baking sheet. Cover sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Longer time will increase flavor.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add wine to sheet with ribs. Cover baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and flip ribs meat side up.
- Continue to roast, uncovered, until meat is tender and well browned, about 1 3/4 hours longer.
- Let ribs rest for 20 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board and slice racks between ribs.