(2 lbs) Beef Stew Meat
(1 qt) Beef Stock - 1 quart
(1/4 cup - divided) Vegetable Oil
(1 large - peeled and sliced) Onion
(14 oz) Mushrooms - sliced
(1/4 cup) Flour
(1/2 cup) Red Wine
(2 teaspoons) Salt
(1/2 teaspoon) Black Pepper
(1 lb) Egg Noodles - cooked
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Dry stew meat on a paper towel.
- Put 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in dutch oven and heat on medium high heat until oil is hot.
- Working in batches, brown stew meat. Start with about half of the stew meat. Brown on all sides and remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and brown remaining stew meat. Remove from pan.
- Add sliced onion and sliced mushrooms. Stir on medium low heat until onion and mushrooms begin to sweat. Add browned stew meat to pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour to the meat and vegetable mixture. Stir until flour is no longer visable.
- Add red wine and beef stock. Stir. Heat until mixture just starts to bubble.
- Put lid on the dutch oven and place in heated oven.
- Cook for 3 hours, stirring hourly.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.