(8-10 pounds) Beef Brisket - over 5 lbs
(3/4 Cup) Paprika
(1/4 Cup) Black Pepper
(1/4 Cup) Coarse Salt - Kosher or sea salt
(1/4 Cup) Sugar
(2 Tbsp) Chili Powder
(2 Tbsp) Garlic Powder
(2 Tbsp) Onion Powder
(2 tsp) Cayenne
- Thaw brisket.
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Apply spice rub to all sides until you cannot see meat.
- Wrap brisket in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Soak wood chunks at least 30 minutes prior to beginning.
- Light smoker and get smoke up to 225 degrees by adjusting amount of wood chips and air flow.
- Place brisket in the smoker for 8 to 10 hours. Maintain smoker temperature around 225 degrees.
- To increase tenderness, take the brisket out of the smoker once it reaches 170 degrees, wrap it in aluminum foil and place back in the smoker or in the oven at 220 degrees for the last two hours or until the internal temperature reaches 200 degrees.
- Slice brisket against the grain and serve.