- Thaw the tri-tip roast and remove roast from the packaging. Pat roast dry with paper towels.
- Pre-heat your grill to 275 degrees.
- If the fat cap on the Picanha is thicker than you like, trim it. It should be around 1/4" thick.
- Season the Picanha liberally with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the Picanha on your grill away from the flame. Use indirect heating to cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches 115 degrees.
- At this point, sear the Picanha. Move the roast to the flame side of the grill. Flip the roast every minute or so until the internal temperature reaches 123-127 degrees. Check the temperature regularly.
- Once the roast has reached temperature, remove from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the roast thinly.
- Enjoy the crisp crust and edge-to-edge pink tenderness inside!